Who we are, what we do
Once inside, note the stone fireplace, and 2 stone chimneys, centred in stone walls, and the huge timbers bracing the open ceiling. Why not enjoy your cup of coffee, or snack, while seated on one of the outdoor benches? One donated by family members in memory of Clara & Barney Hopkins, two benches donated by the Friends of the Library, one of which is in memory of Jack Wellington.
Library membership is issued no-charge to Bruce County residents - as a member of the Bruce County Public Library system, library card holders have the advantage of borrowing from any branch throughout the County.
- Tons of books
- Fiction and non-fiction, adult & juvenile
- Reference material - encyclopedias, dictionaries, local history
- Inter-branch, and interlibrary loan - a valuable tool for patron requests
- Programming for children and adults
- Internet Access - $1 for the first hour (first hour is free with a library card)
- Fax Service: $1.00 first page, $0.50 additional pages
- Summer programs for children
- Materials can be placed in our drop box after hours
Summer Hours (May-October)
|Tuesdays:||12:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesdays:||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Thursdays:||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Fridays:||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Saturdays:||10:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Sundays:||12:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
Friends of our Library
Present co-chairs: Mary Catherine Janssen & Cele Eadie
- Meet 6 times/yr, the last Tues. of the selected month at 2:30 p.m.
- Hold book sales (donations accepted year-round)
- Book & Sale - Christmas parade day
- Fund raising with proceeds using for library improvement
- Friends’ activies & pictures now in binder form for public viewing
- Items purchased for the library include photocopier, window blinds, program supplies, magazine subscriptions, fireplace insert and other small items.
- Contact publishers for donations of children’s books, which are included in the Christmas Community bags